Re: openldap - force simple auth?

On Jun 2, 2004, at 6:09 PM, Rick Stevens wrote:

Jason Costomiris wrote:
When using ldapadd from the command line, I can force it to use the rootpw entry in the slapd.conf by using the -x switch.

No, the "-x" tells the system to use "simple" authentication. By default, the system attempts to connect via SASL.

Interesting notion, unfortunately, it's not the "system". In fact, the -x tells ldapadd to use simple authentication, which does not appear to be slapd's default. That's what I want. I want slapd to use simple auth by default. Surely something this basic must be configurable.

It's not slapd that's the cause, it's the LDAP client.  You have to
change the PHP code to use "ldap_simple_bind()" rather than
"ldap_sasl_bind()".  Or convince the authors to make it a configuration
option.

There's no such function in PHP.

There's only ldap_bind().

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.ldap.php