Mandrake SRPMs on Fedora Core 1

Hi,

If anyone has tried rebuilding a Mandrake SRPM on Fedora Core or Red Hat Linux, your probably got this:

+ %make
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.55192: line 53: fg: no job control
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.55192 (%build)RPM build

errors:
    user florin does not exist - using root
<SNIP>

Apparently the "fix" is that %build is not a macro defined for Red Hat RPM distributions, so we need to steal it from Mandrake rpms and use it. Now this would be perfectly simple if I could just extract the files from an RPM file of the RPM program for Mandrake, without having to install them (you will get a Segmentation Fault if you try). The only problem is that the only way that I could figure out how to get the files out was by using Alien to convert the RPM RPM to a tarball, and extract the tarball. Does anybody know of another way of doing this? I'm sure that rpm2cpio could be used, but that seemed pretty complicated for me to figure out on my own.

Peace,
William