IBM docking station's second USB port inop

This has the feel of a modules.conf problem, but I'm not quite sure how
to go about it fixing it. My Thinkpad's full docking station (not just a
port replicator) has two USB 1.1 ports in back. Both work perfectly
under Win2K, but under FC1 only the lower port is functional.

My /etc/modules.conf file contains:
alias scsi_hostadapter ncr53c8xx        <-- PCI card in dock
alias eth0 e100
alias usb-controller usb-uhci
alias sound-slot-0 cs46xx
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L \
   >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S \
   >/dev/null 2>&1 || :

The ThinkPad itself has only one USB 1.1 port in back, which is
inaccessible when my laptop is docked. The docking station has two
controllers and ports of its own. Do I need to manually add another
usb-controller line to modules.conf to activate that second USB port? If
so, what should it say?

TIA

--Doc
Robert G. (Doc) Savage, BSE(EE), CISSP, RHCE | Fairview Heights, IL
Fedora Core 1 kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl on P-III/M IBM Thinkpad A22p
"Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
                         -- Admiral of the Fleet Sergei G. Gorshkov