Re: K3b cannot burn a CD

Matt Morgan wrote:

<snip>

Interesting. So that little CD icon down there is kscd, I never noticed it before! (I am more familiar with gnome, still learning kde.)

The question is, how do I keep kscd from starting itself up automatically?

Thanks,
Matt

You can simply delete ~/.kde/Autostart/Autorun.desktop and be done with it. This will NOT prevent audio CDs from playing automatically when they're inserted IF kscd is already running. It just prevents kscd from starting whenever *anything* is put into the drive.

At one time (FC1?, RH7.3?, don't remember) I tried monkeying with the interval (1000ms) and specifying a device so that other devices would be left alone. In the end, the only satisfactory (for my purposes) solution was to delete Autorun.desktop each time I load a new version.