Re: So...um..has anyone gotten dual booting working with FC2?

Sean Kennedy wrote:

I've got two harddrives.  hda is my linux drive, hdb is my win2k drive.

The default grub config didn't boot my win2k partition, which isn't really a shock as it never has. But, neither did the grub config I had saved from my fc1 install ( as follows )

root (hd1,0)
map (hd0, (hd1)
map (hd1), (hd0)
chainloader +1

My ability with grub is limited enough that I don't really understand what is happening in the above ( the maps are obvious, but why root() and chainloader? ), so I have no clue on how to fix this. I have read the info pages on grub.conf, but from everythign I've read, this should work.

Has anybody gotten grub to work with a similar config?

Thanks

Chainloader just tells grub to pass on the boot process to the image waiting on the second drive. I think, that is how I understood chainloader to work. However, I believe your config should look somethin' like the following:

title WinXP
       map (hd0,0) (hd1,0)
       map (hd1,0) (hd0,0)
       rootnoverify (hd1,0)