Re: No sound: "Sorry, no mixer elements and/or devices found"

Paul -

I have a sound problem too and followed what you provided below. Still
no sound.  But I do have sound when I bring up RealPlayer and other KDE
sound effects.  But when I put in a CD to play music, there is no
sound.  Although the cdplayer does come up and I see the music that it
is playing but no sound.  Also, in RealPlayer, the wecome message is
loud and clear and there was an underwater scene that works, which
someone said to try.  So, while there is sound on my system there really
isn't for all those things you want to listen to??

Anythought anyone...

--
Ted Gervais
Coldbrook, Nova Scotia