pp-scanner again

hi out there!
it's me and my parallel port scanner again.
After having successfully in updated using the cd set to fedora core 2, I noticed that I was unable to load and even to compile the module for the plustek parallel port scanner (pt_drv.o). More clearly, I tried to compile with kernel 2.6 because of its different module loader, and it compiled fine, but when I try to load it, it just tells me that the module's the wrong format.
On the homepage www.gjaeger.de/something I didn't find any sources for 2.6 either, so, please tell me, am I just stupid or can't it work until someone modifies the source???
best regards,
florian