Re: VPN with Fedora Core 2

Sébastien Bisoglio wrote:

Christopher K. Johnson wrote:

yum update ipsec-tools

Then run system-config-network and use the "IPsec" tab (2 to the right of "Devices" tab) to configure an IPsec connection.

Sorry but on my server I haven't X installed.

Then you need to ssh to the server from a machine that does have X and run system-config-network, or visit ipsec-tools.sf.net and study the information there, then study what the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-ipsec script does to manually configure your ipsec. I recommend the ssh approach.

And it's for client or server side the configuration ?

Either. Actually IPsec is symmetrical, so there is no client and no server, per se. You can choose to concentrate a number of VPN connections on one box and call it a server if you wish, but the configuration is symmetrical regardless of topology.

Good luck.

  Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021