RE: System-config tools in text mode

Anderson, Bill said:
> I didn't think of the remote display solution.
>
> Can yum/up2date manage packages from the CDROM? As far as I can tell yum
> will only use URLs for sources.

Depending if you have your CD-Rom set up correctly.  Yum can handle file
repos.  You do have to run yum-arch on the directory to create the header
files.  The default Fedora CDs do not have the required headers, though.
I believe up2date can handle "just a dir of files" (in addition to yum
file repos) by adding it to the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file.

--
William Hooper