Windows XP Pro & FC2 - XP won't boot

Situation ...

2 HD ... Disk A had fully functional Windows XP install i.e. been using it for some time.

Disk B was unpartitioned ... installed FC2 using all default options for the GRUB boot loader

I can boot to FC2 w/ no problems ... works perfectly ... if I choose XP when prompted for which OS to load, I get 2 lines from GRUB and then it just sits there until I power down.

Also I get 2 choices for FC2 ... one has pms or psm on the end (can't remember which) ... they both load fine, but I'm interested in what that means as well.

Thanks for any help I'm still a newbie.