Re: FC2 sound problem

After following joolz's work-around for the no sound problem I still had no sound from the gnome cd-player applet. (Haven't set up the fancier stuff like mplayer yet). Then I checked the volume control menu. For some inexplicable reason, my SBLive mixer sliders were at zero on the "line" settings. Put 'em up to full blast and we now have sound from both my cd/dvd drives. Shoulda looked there first....dumb!

I honestly don't remember if I ran into this on T3. I was tweaking so much stuff it got to be a blurr at times.

Sarah Fish
Saratoga Springs, NY