Re: Server name change

Bogdan Rotariu wrote:

edit /etc/sysconfig/network
and edit/put HOSTNAME=yourhost.domain.tld
or do hostname yourhost.domain.tld (that will work untill the server is
rebooted)

On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 14:23, Chris Botha wrote:

How can I change the name of my server. I once upon a time knew. Had a mem
crash, could somebody please remind me.

Thank you

I used to have my server name set during the install process. It didn't work for FC2T3 and for the final release.
I thought that I just chose for dhcp hostname setting up. But I know that I paid attention for FC2 final and it left the hostname as localhost, instead of the name that I gave it for my machine.

A minor flaw w/ FC2. I do hope it gets fixed though. Thanks for the filename and location to edit for adding the change manually.

Jim