FC2 GRUB won't install

Hi,
I installed FC2 final today on a clean hard drive. I didn't have any other OS installed, and the installation went ok.

After the installation was finished, I rebooted and instead of the GRUB prompt (splash screen and a choice of boot options) I got a single word "GRUB" without any boot options, and couldn't boot the newly installed FC2.

I also tried to install GRUB on the MBR in the rescue mode with the following commands:
root (hd0,0)
setup (hd0)

AFAIK "root (hd0,0)" tells GRUB where to find my boot partition and the "setup (hd0)" command installs GRUB on the MBR. But after I rebooted I got an endless output of the word "GRUB" all over the screen...

Can anyone tell me what might the problem be, and how to solve it.