Re: Apache 2.0.49 reading >2GB files.

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 04:14:48PM +0900, Naoki wrote:

> >>I thought Apache 2 had LFS support from the outset?
> >No, it didn't.
> Doh.  Ok, but there are third party patches for LFS even going back to
> 1.3.x tree.

They aren't patches per se, you just use a compiler macro.

> From : http://www.apacheweek.com/features/vendorversions
>
> "Large File Support
>
> Debian, Mandrake, SuSE, and SCO build Apache with Large File support, so
> that on 32-bit systems Apache can use files larger than 2 gigabytes -
> this is particularly useful for log files. Enabling LFS does slightly
> change the Apache 1.3 binary module ABI, which can cause problems if
> using binary modules built against a different version of Apache."

I don't think either Mandrake or Debian build with LFS enabled in the
2.0 packages.  It *completely* changes the binary module interface in
2.0; it wasn't such a big deal in 1.3.

(in fact, building 2.0 for LFS doesn't work until 2.0.49; we had that
bug reported upstream from someone using the SuSE packages who found
that they were subtly broken)

Regards,

joe