Sound CS4232 on Core 2

Greetings all. I've successfully upgraded from Core 1 to Core 2 on my Dell OptiPlex GX-1 and everything with the exception of sound is running smoothly. When I boot, I get a "no /dev/dsp" error, though there is a /dev/dsp and I've even done a chmod 777 to make sure it's accessible.

Under my previous FC-1 install, sound worked flawlessly. Any advice, insight, etc? I tried /sbin/sndconfig and it complains of a soundcore.o missing (and I know sndconfig is depricated in FC2). I'd really like to be able to listen to CDs and have sound working.

Thanks all.

Adam Klein

--
Adam L. Klein