Re: smartd failed?

Torres, Peter wrote:

I get the same message, and I checked my BIOS and SMART is enabled.

Enabling SMART in BIOS does a SMART check on the drive when the machine is powered on. If the drive fails, the BIOS may ignore it. You can have SMART disabled in BIOS and still have smartd run. Check your /etc/smartd.conf file and make sure the disks defined there match what you actually have in your system.