using yum to upgrade from FC1 to FC2?

Hi, I know its not recommended to use yum to upgrade from FC1 to FC2, and that anaconda should be used. I have a remote server though, and I'd like to attempt to use yum to upgrade it from FC1 to FC2. Does anyone have any instructions on how to do this? I put on the fedocra core 2 release and fedora core 2's yum noarch RPMs and then tried yum -y update and yum -y upgrade, but both return dependancy errors on MySQL (i'm using mysql 4.0.1 rpms from mysql.com) any suggestions, thanks?