Re: Clamav

On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 15:59, Phil Anderson wrote:
> Anyone here using clamav-milter with FC2?  My setup was working
> perfectly with FC1, but since upgrading to FC2 clamav/sendmail is
> having problems.  If mails don't have viruses, it is all sweet.  If a
> mail has a virus, it gets nasty.  Basically, the message gets blocked,
> but the normal warning message to the recipent & postmaster dont' get
> sent.  This is what ends up in my maillog:
>
> May 19 17:37:08 harry sendmail[3820]: i4J7b7u0003820: SYSERR(root): out
> of memory: Cannot allocate memory
>
> My system has heaps of memory free, so I don't think that's the problem.
>
> Should this go into redhat's bugzilla under sendmail?  Or fedora-us's
> bugzilla under clamav?
>
> Thanks,
> Phil

Sounds like a good default behavior to me. If you really want to enable
it, look in /etc/sysconfig/clamav-milter and get rid of the --quiet
flag. Remember that alot of virus' use faked From: addresses so
notifying the 'sender' is a useless thing, and in most cases generates
spam. I haven't used Windows to send email in years, yet I get several
"Norton AV found: <foo!> in an email from you..." almost daily from
people that I do not know.

--
Chris Kloiber