Re: ntoskrnl.exe

Adam Voigt wrote:

On Tue, 18 May 2004 10:40:27 -0500
Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

He is trying to boot Windows 2000 which should be NTFS and the partition table shows it as FAT32.
This may be the problem, and if he allowed the system to do an auto-partition when installing it may have corrupted the partition table.
A corrupt partition table may prevent recovery.

Actually when you install Windows 2000, it gives you the choice of whether you'd like NTFS or FAT32.

I know that is true with XP, but I have not seen that option in 2K :-(

I will check that with a test install.