Re: Why Would Fedora be Free ? Can it be Trusted?

At 06:21 5/14/2004, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 10:01 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

> > > 5. Does Redhat use the
> > > same processes in "controlling" fedora quality and releases as it did
> > > the free versions of Redhat?
> >
> >I think not, since they are interested in touting the advantages of
> >their Enterprise line.
>
> Incorrect. Red Hat has more people working on Fedora now than they had
> working on Red Hat Linux then. Plus, it would make no sense to have two
> separate Quality Assurance processes. Hence, the answer is that yes, Red
> Hat *does* use the same processes in search of quality assurance for Fedora
> as they did for RHL.

Only so far as they need it for RHEL. I don't think they apply the same
process, although it might follow very similar task lists.

Can you substantiate or in any way support that claim? What you or I *think* is rather irrelevant, but what I posted is directly sourced from several Red Hat engineers and managers and I consider it a fact.

You keep saying "I think," "I don't think," and "it might." Kindly stick to facts: what do you *know* about this topic? Can you provide *any* evidence whatsoever that backs up your statements?

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com