RE: How can I use New package: W3C Markup Validator in local?

At 08:23 5/12/2004, robin-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Green wrote:
> So I installed w3c-markup-validator 0.6.5 in my computer by using
> 'apt-get install'. Installation was complete, I do not know how to use
> it in my local machine. First of all, what is a command to start this
> program?

rpm -ql w3c-markup-validator

That command will not start the program. It will list all the files in the package and you can probably see from that list which file is the command to run. Probably starts with /bin, /usr/bin, or a path like that although that's not guaranteed. You can also use "rpm -qd" specifically to get the listing of documentation files; and you can check the program's website for more detailed instructions.

Cheers,

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com