Re: Antivirus ?

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am Mi, den 12.05.2004 schrieb Ow Mun Heng um 19:36:

Yeah.. That's what I thought.. How do I set fetchmail to poll the server
say every 2 minutes? (I really got to find that out.. Now, I'm just
thinking of setting crontab entry to pull it every 2 min
(0-59/2 * * * * fetchmymail.sh)

Create a ~/.fetchmailrc file following "man fetchmail" or other instructions easily to be found using google. Then run "crontab -e" as user with content

*/15 * * * * /usr/bin/fetchmail

(every 2 minutes polling the server would be a bit to heavy)

Alexander

Why do it with cron?

I use fetchmail as a daemon and have it set for 10 minute polls. Also, that way if for some reason the last download did not complete it does not have the error of trying to run 2 instances of fetchmail at the same time.

If a download session is interrupted without completing you have the problem in the next session with redownloading everything that had been downloaded but not marked on the servers as such. Many duplicate messages.