Re: Auto shutdown

Adriano Holanda wrote:
I'm a administrator of a lab with 40 machines.

Sometimes, mainly at night, the students forget to
shutdown the computers after the classes.
So computers remain a long period (weekend) with the power
on, heating the room and themselves.

[];

Adriano.

That is valid.

Are classes in session or are computers accessable at off hours?

If not, then run a cron job at times when the computer isn't/cannot be used that will just shutdown at that time.

I also see an issue with the monitors being on as well.

Another thing to think about is if it is at a University, then look at making these systems available for a grid during the off hours. We have computers around our organization that are configured to do this.

--
Robin Laing