Re: Backup soution to another server

Michael Mansour wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for an Opensource solution which can

allow

me to backup various servers I have to another

server

(the others servers disks) while allowing me to

store

full and incremental backups, browse the files

that

were backed up etc.

Basically, a normal tape backup system but without
tapes while keeping the backed up files on the

other

servers disks in a highly compressed format.

Anyone know of anything like this out there?

Thanks.

Michael.

http://www.bacula.org/

Thanks for this, I'm surprised this product is so powerful. But reading the web pages and features document, I couldn't ascertain whether it does backups to the servers actual disks, it makes plenty of references to Tape drives and Tape loaders (which I don't want) but nothing to clearly say "bacula will backup data *to* a servers disks".

Can you please confirm it dos do this.

Thankyou.

Michael.

In the documentation, under the section about 'running bacula', it says it is configured by default to do the test to the hard drive. I would thus assume it can do full backups the same way with proper configuration.