Re: OT: New low for Microsoft!

Hugh Foster wrote:

>> One of Linux's problems is that it is so damn frugal. How does that
help sell hardware? Thank goodness for Gnome, Mozilla, and Open Office, without them there would be no hope to get manufacturers on our side! <<

Less so these days! Having played with FC2 T3 (yes I know this is the wrong list to talk about it but I'm referring to a trend here), on a P3 of respectable power and watched it /crawl/, the days of "slim Lin runs on owt" appear to be over, unfortunately.

I put it on a P4 1.5 with 1G of PC-133{slow} Ram and a 20GB ATA66 Drive, and it worked great. Even supported 3D on my ATI AIW8500, and my intel sound {After I opened the mixer and turned up all the volume levels}.