Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 3, Issue 111

I think that there is something that is not being considdered here.  This is
the ability to use a frontend to view categories of software that you may
want to install, to easily see what is available, and to have a simple way to
query for specific programs.

Yes, I know that it is possible to do some of this with yum and apt-get as
they are, but I believe that more people would try out more new apps if they
had an easy way to install them.  I regularily use symantec as a frontend to
apt-get.  I look at it about once a week to see if there are any interesting
new projects in the categories that I use.