Re: C Programming

On Saturday 08 May 2004 06:27, Trevor McNamara wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am unsure if this is the correct post for this sort of question.
> If not can someone please direct me in the right direction?
>
>I was wondering if anyone would know anywhere that I can download a
>guide for an INTRO to C programming, As I would like to know C, then
> I can understand some of the source code for UNX/LINUX?
>
>I have done a little bit of VB programming but nothing in C.
>
>Any help on this would be great.
>
>Thanks.

I think most of what I have came from the bookstores.  I've got
probably 500+ dollars in so-called C textbooks on the shelf right
now.

Start with the one from Herbert Schildt, then fill in the gaps with
whatever pulls your trigger standing in front of the rack at Barnes &
Noble etc.  The first purchase should also include a copy of K&R #2.
It should be used as the argument settler in case of confusion.
Everything else is just so much, often way more verbose, frosting on
the cake.

I looked at some VB code the other night that a friend was working on.
Quite a lot being done in 100 lines of code, but I've never seen such
a batch of spagetti in my life.  Crap used but not pre-defined all
over the place.  Half an hour of talking about it to Jim and I had a
headache.  That stuff could convert a well trained programmer into a
blithering idiot.  Scarey.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)