Re: Core 1 hangs on booting at Freeing unused kernel memory

David Woakes wrote:
<snip>

I tried booting with the kernel installed for the Neremiah board, but that just rebooted immediately with no traces (I'm pretty sure it was an i686 kernel).

I've put some traces in linuxrc (in the initrd image) and i know that script is finishing. I believe the next step is init should be called.

I'm rather curious about the lack of messages in /var/log/messages, I thought there should be some...

Not if it has not yet started syslogd, whic is quite a ways after init..