Re: dev/mapper/control not found!

Ow Mun Heng wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Durgin [mailto:nu1sg@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2004 1:20 PM
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: dev/mapper/control not found!

I downloaded the the latest kernel and source rpms from arjanv. At "make install" I get the following error:

dev/mapper/control: open failed: No such file or
directory
Is device-mapper driver missing from kernel?
Command failed

I frequently get the dev-mapper problem during compile. I have no idea how to fix it. I tried doig the mkdev script for device-mapper (from sistina), the lvm2 tools etc... but it still complains. Till now, I've not been successful in trying out LVM due to the above propblems.

But other than that, it's pretty safe to ignore

All of your loopback devices are in use.

Now, if not mistaken I've faced this before. But for the life of me , I can't remember what I did to solve this.

If not mistaken, if you tried to mount an iso image like
mount -o loop /path/to/iso-image /mnt/iso

It'll give you the same issue.

could be you're missing something in the /dev/ filesystem.

I can't remember. Can you try googling??

(& letting us know the results)

mkinitrd failed
make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
make: *** [install] Error 2