Re: tripwire not in FC1?

neil wrote:

abonnema@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I still think it would be quite useful: what could replace tripwire i.e. has the same functionality?

Guus.

although not identical - the RPM verification feature can tell you what file(s) from a particular package have changed since installation. Use:

RPM -Va

to run this check against the entire install. Of course, this is only useful if you are installing everything via RPM. But if you're anal about security, this is probably what you do anyway.

neil

Neil, thank you: I didn't know I could do this. Even though I sometimes install non-rpm-packages, I would like to know what changed in the installed files.

I *really* love (the people on) this list...

Guus.

p.s. I assume 'being anal' about something means: gravely concerned or paranoid?
--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,
user #328198 (Linux Counter http://counter.li.org)