Re: Bittorrent Client ??

Gene Heskett wrote:
Ok, thats something I've never done, logging into the modem. I do log into the router once in a while when I'm fighting networking problems, but they almost always boil down to a portsentry miss-fire which locks out this machine. I've added this machines ip to the portsentry.ignore file and we'll see if that fixes it.

But I've no idea howto log into that modem. Can you enlighten me? Verizon wasn't exactly bragging about doing that in the docs I have here.

Yeah, you're not going to get anywhere with Verizon for that. Thru a web browser, you should be able to get to 192.168.0.1 (or whatever the internal ip of your modem is), and your Verizon username/password should be the user/pass for you modem. It's a web based configuration tool.

--
John C. Nichel
KegWorks.com