Re: Continuing Mozilla Woes

Brian Ashe wrote:
On Thursday 06 May 2004 04:54, John Nichel wrote:
The strace log is here....

http://www.by-tor.com/mozilla_error.txt

It's over my head, so I would appreciate it if someone could take a look
at it and let me know what's wrong.  TIA.

You need to check/replace your memory. Try running memtest86 overnight, or try swapping out the RAM chip(s) with another. I'm guessing you have other programs that die just as mysteriously (like multimedia apps, graphics editors, and other memory intensive apps).

Thanks. It's a work machine, so I'll just let it run over the weekend. I don't use any graphic tools, but things like XMMS will die, and I've had trouble compiling from time to time (running make a second time right after it fails usually works).

--
John C. Nichel
KegWorks.com