Re: Routing and bandwidth problem

At 11:27 5/5/2004, you wrote:
I think you're right.  To do what you're needing to do, you need the five
NICs.

Hey, maybe not! Going on duncan brown's comment about spending $75 per tenant on a small Netgear router, those do masquerading, right? So if I went that route, then they each have their individual subnet but *I* get all traffic coming from a single IP address! At that point I *can* simply plug all tenants into the switch, and do traffic shaping/limiting based on the IP address, and only use two NIC's in the central server. Eliminates the DHCP requirement, and I can also filter by MAC address for additional security.

I'm starting to like that idea more and more.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com