Re: OT: New low for Microsoft!

At 09:46 5/5/2004, Pedro Macedo wrote:
duncan brown wrote:
and computers that are around now are overpowered
Not exactly. It's overpowered for *normal* usage (with this I mean web browsing , listening to mp3s , watching DVDs , etc). For people who work with computer science and computer related researches , every extra clock cycle is useful.

Please remember that we are talking about the hardware requirements of the *operating system* which is not performing any of those tasks. Whatever the OS requires is what *everyone* using it would need, not just what a power user running simulators would need. Do not confuse the OS hardware requirements with the requirements of any given application.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com