Re: OT: New low for Microsoft!

Pedro Fernandes Macedo said:
> Dont know.. Given that I've never heard about other projects by m$ ,
> this makes me believe that longhorn will be their server , workstation
> and home solution... But I wonder... why have a server running longhorn
> if you need a super computer just to run the OS ? it should be a
> supercomputer to run the server.. and the OS should work on any cheap
> machine...

exactly.

> If it really is their home solution , then the conspiracy theories kick
> in... Maybe m$ and intel are trying to make us spend money ??? Maybe M$
> and nvidia or ati??? ;)

shhh!  someone might figure out that i show up to work every day so i can
collect my paycheck!

> I believe that this will be a eternal problem with windows.. considering
>  the way it was developed , it will always grow bigger and
> power-hungry... no matter what they do , unless they rewrite windows
> from scratch...

one that i will probably never have to deal with outside of my work
environment demanding windows (of course, if i ever start a company we'll
be 100% ms free)

-d

+( duncan brown : duncanbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx )+
+(  linux "just works" : www.linuxadvocate.net  )+

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing
a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be
big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT
clones"
         - Linus Torvalds, August 1991