Re: Fedora desktop experience: Great, but not quite all I need

Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:
Just wanted to share a quick review on my attempt to replace Windows on my desktop at home.

Below are the things I do with the computer and how well they translated to Fedora:

Bottom line: Fedora is almost there for my personal needs. Great look, good experience, but not all of the apps I need are working yet. For now, I may have to look at purchasing XP to take advantage of the SATA ports on the new motherboard.

Hope this helps somebody out there.

Ben

SATA works on my ASUS motherboard. I don't use the on-board RAID, I use md.

--
Robin Laing