Re: Old farts and new Linux

John Nichel said:
> Neil Chr wrote:
>> I know this is off topic but it would be intersting to
>> know how many women are on this list .. young or
>> old..... (I would never call  a woman a old fart)..

hey, buddy, this ain't no dating service!

> I've got my sister running Linux (Red Hat 9).  All she really does is
> surf the web, check email, and chat.  Lately she's started using GNUCash
>  for her checking account, and likes it.  She was tired of having to get
>  me to come over and fix her Windoze box everytime she got a virus, or
> something crashed.  It's been a bit over a year now, and she can even
> install from RPM's (next I teach her how to compile *L*)

i've mentioned it before, but my mother runs fedora at home, but she's not
on this list.  she'd get too frustrated with the technical talk in her
inbox =]

-d

+( duncan brown : duncanbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx )+
+(  linux "just works" : www.linuxadvocate.net  )+

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing
a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be
big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT
clones"
         - Linus Torvalds, August 1991