Re: Escaping "upgrade hell"

fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I've recently been investigating certain (I won't mention any names)
distributions which seem to have an endless life-cycle.  With these
distributions, it seems that you can keep all of the software on your
system at the most current versions and avoid the process of upgrading
your entire O/S when new releases become available.  This seems like the
only logical way of handling things to me.  Is it possible to do this with
Red Hat/Fedora or, if not, will this be something that will be possible in
the future and when?

Bob Shaffer II - Owner/Developer/System Operator - BobShaffersComputer.com
http://bobshafferscomputer.com/          telnet://bobshafferscomputer.com

I can't answer your question but have you actually tried installing and running these other distros?
neil