Re: Correct way to mount Win2k3 shares with Samba?

Most of the networks I've setup that had Samba file servers were small
and didn't have domain controllers. So there would be a preston:password
entry on the server and on my desktop and every time I'd request a
resource from the server by virtue of the fact that I'd logged in with
preston:password to my desktop, the server would receive those same
credentials, see I was good and give me permission to read/write, etc. I
think what's happening here is that I'm not authenticating against the
domain. My machine is in the domain now. I can mount the shares. But
once the shares are mounted and I try to write, for example, I'm not
passing along to the domain controller that I'm preston and here's my
password.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Preston

What version of Samba are you running? Bugzilla is showing a heap of W2K3 bugs with some versions of samba.

From just searching and reading, I'm getting the feeling you're not actually doing anything wrong, but that it is a Samba issue, not yours.

Regards,
Ed.