Tackling a shared USB printer (linux -> WXP) - take 2

Apologies for the last email. (keyboard shortcuts are great unless you hit the
wrong combination)

So, to finish the question:

Configuration:
I have a Canon S630 USB printer attached to a machine running Fedora Core 1
linux.  The printer works fine on the linux machine (can print CUPS test page
w/o issue) and using the Printer GUI configuration tool I have enabled sharing
for all hosts on my LAN.  I also have SAMBA configured and running and am able
to sucessfully share three directories with a Windows XP machine, a Windows
2000 Pro machine, and a Mac iBook runing OS X.  The Mac has no problem printing
full color test pages to the USB printer either.

Problem:
While both Windows boxes can see and install the network printer (only complaint
from Windows is that the driver needs to be installed), neither machine can
successfully send any print job (from any application) to the printer.

Other details:
- I've made sure the print spool (/var/spool/samba) is world-accessible.
- I've enabled the Guest accounts on both Windows boxes and created a guest
account with a simple password on FC1.
- I can run smbclient //centauri/canon_s630 -U Guest from the local machine and
at the smb /> prompt print a file without a problem.
- When attempting to set the printer to a RAW print device, local printing
failed and it did not change networked printing results.  Same when changing to
a generic Postscript printer.
- This printer has never been sharable in Windows and I was hoping to use linux
as a print server (as opposed to buying a hardware one) to share it amongst my
three other computers (and any guest computers that may join the network
temporarily)

My /etc/samba/smb.conf looks like:
[printers]
  path = /var/spool/samba
  read only = yes
  printable = yes
  guest ok = yes
  public = yes
  use client driver = yes
  browseable = no

and I've created a second printer entry that looks identical for [canon_s630]

- All the windows boxes (and Mac machine) can see the linux server (centauri),
but the linux machine cannot resolve any NetBIOS names of the windows machines.
 It can, however see them when accessing them by IP directly.
- My Linksys router w/ 4-port switch is acting as my DHCP server.  I plan on
changing that to have my linux server be the DNS server as well as the DHCP
server for the LAN.  Would this have any effect on printing from Windows?

If I ever get this to work, I'm going to do my damnedest to write the HOWTO on
USB printer sharing from Linux to Windows because this seems like a common
problem but I can't find any good solution resources.

Thank you for all your help!  Sorry for the first half-post.

Cheers!
Brion