Re: FC1 and Belkin OmniView 4-port switch

At 20:56 5/2/2004, you wrote:
Been wanting to try some of the newer units out there.  Last time I
looked there were some nice ones that used a single cable that used
pigtails to connect to the systems.  Problem there is cost.  Based on my
experience I would recommend almost anything else besides Belkin.

Avocent (née Cybex) makes fantastic gear. I have two of their four-port SwitchView series, and love them. To lower the cost, I got my KVM cables from NewEgg for something like $10 each and they have also worked beautifully. I highly recommend Avocent, and I also recommend that people buy longer cables (10' at least) to make system and switchbox placement easier.

I've heard too many "Belkin is cheap and doesn't work too well" stories to be comfortable trying their stuff, but have no first-hand experience with it.

Cheers,

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com