Re: new FC1 install problems

Gene Heskett wrote:

Where do I go from here folks?

No Cheers for FC1 at this point, Gene

Big generalization Gene, and quite unfair on the FC developers. You had a custom 2.6 kernel on your 8.0 box. Basically yours was a 'tweaked' system. Out of the 2 boxes I upgraded here (which were STANDARD 8.0 boxes), 1 upgraded 100% fully, the other only had apcupsd stop working (which isn't a standard RH rpm anyway). An update from the author fixed that one. So far both are running 100% properly for at least a month.

I think that if you like to tweak your system, that is fine, but you cannot expect an upgrade to work with non standard distributed software on it.

Easiest thing to do for you right now if you're having problems, is move all configuration files and data off the box, and install an OS from scratch, replacing the configurations and data after.

Regards,
Ed.