Re: Okay, I got demand-dial running, but now I can't get it to hangup on timeout

Preston Crawford wrote:

I don't know how I did it, but while dialed up using wvdial and after
tweaking some config files I pulled up the network config and there was
my modem and my modem connection. So far, so good. But now I need to
figure out how to get the modem to actually hangup when it's supposed to
after X seconds. It just keeps dialed in. Is there any way to check
what's possibly trying to access the Internet and thus keeping it dialed
up?

Preston

use iptraf, point it at the ppp connection, and watch the packets fly.

Regards,
Ed.