RE: LVM-Howto [Was : what are the restrictions on bootablepartitions?]

Thanks for the info Neil. I think I do have a hang of it.. sort of anyway.
So, what you're saying is that I have to create the LVM partition using
fdisk
1st before I can get to execute vgscan??

Currently I just type vgscan and then it complains
vgscan -- LVM driver/module not loaded??

(it's loaded. The module is named dm-mod.ko right??)