Re: Taming the mailing lists?

William Hooper wrote:

Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell said:
[snip]

1) Add a mailing list tag to the subject [FC], because the majority of
new posters have no clue about threaded mail readers, procmail filters
and large volume mail management.

Seems to me it would make more sense to help them learn about these things, not clutter up the subject.

2) Shorten the quoted name of the list in the reply to and from

[snip]

Is just too long and today adding the list to an address book is now
partly crippled. No wonder folks hijack threads.

Funny, my address book lets me put what ever name in I want for addresses...

The list names could be a bit shorter. If I get attatchments with the message, the folder list on the left shrinks. When I get to a message without an additional attachment, it goes back to a rational state.

This is when rading mail in mozilla.

Jim

--
Caution: breathing may be hazardous to your health