Re: sysadmin books

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Michael Gargiullo wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 15:17, duncan brown wrote:
> > Hey guys, I'm looking for some input on sysadmin books to fill in my
> > recently cleaned-out collection.  i need recommendations on the following
> > subjects:
> >
> > sendmail (or any other mta)
> O'Reilly Bat book

Or anything on recreational pharmecuticals. (For making sense of
sendmail.cf regex.)

> Or grab the EXIM book (I hear that's going to be the default MTA for
> FC2)

That is the first I had heard.  Any reason to prefer Exim over Postfix?

> > system security

The "Linux Firewalls 2nd edition" book by Robert Ziegler is very useful
for IPTables information. (Especially when you are trying to remember how
to filter some of the more difficult and less used protocols.)

> > apache

The O'Reiley Apache guide is good.  The documentation on the web site is
usually enough for me in most cases though.