Re: Network troubleshooting, any experts?

duncan brown wrote:

Jeff Vian said:

established while new connections can be blocked. I use this on both
ftp (allowing only port 20) and http (allowing only port 80).

just to ensure that no green sticks here (new people) get confused, ftp is 21, not 20.

you can check what port and protocol is for what service in /etc/services

Sorry , I reversed the data and control ports when I typed that above.  :-(

My firewall lists 21 as allowed and only allows 20 as a related connection.