Re: Downloading the 4GB DVD iso

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 13:24, Till wrote:
> On 29/04/04 09:35 Matt Hansen Squawked:
>
> Hi Matt
>
> > Till, I can concur here (same provider). Bittorrent was *awfully* slow
> > for this round of isos. I was getting around 1.5kBps after leaving it
> > for a couple hours. Test2 came down at around 200kBps. I hadn't opened
> > up any ports, but I also hadn't last time when I was getting decent
> > speeds. So I cancelled it, chose an Australian mirror and was happiliy
> > ftp'ing at ~230kBps. :)
>
> Must be a sloptus thing <g>
>
> I found a great mirror last night and got all
> four iso's at 350kb/s (:  Only problem is I can't
> boot disk 1 - Oh mrrr hart, when will it end! :(

Heh. You do mean 350kBYTES/s right? 'Cause when I say I get 230kB/s,
that also is 1840kbps ;) Probably me being pedantic but.. <g>

So, CD1 still doesn't boot for you in test3? Interesting, most have said
it's fixed. (I can't comment as I haven't burned my discs yet.)

BTW, care to share this great mirror? :p I have found netcraft to be
super fast, however they don't offer test release isos.. :(

Regards,
-Matt
--
"Would you buy a car with the hood welded shut?"
 - Bob Young on the benefits of the open source development model.