Re: Sun JDK

Joe Dumais wrote:
gcj is a java source code compiler that supports both byte code
and binary compilations/linkings.  Every piece of code that I
have written that compiles in gcj compiles on the Sun JDK for
byte code applications.  I have not investigated the JDK
sufficiently to know if it supports binary compilations.

Thanks anyway but I was asking if I could drop Sun's JDK on Fedora Core 2 and have the Java apps shipped with it start using it instead of the runtime provided by GCJ/GNU Classpath without making any significant changes, just like if they had been built with it.
I prefer to use Sun's JDK (and I intend to start developing using 1.5/Tiger) and if I could just install that and not have to recompile/reinstall ant and all that, that would be a nice bonus.

Carlos

PS: Sun's JDK does not support native compilation, only bytecode.
--
url: http://crodrigues.webhop.net