Re: converting user to linux

Robin Laing wrote:

neil wrote:

drs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks duncan and everyone.

After I explained to her about the Microsoft license agreement, she
seemed more inclinded to install Linux but yet has her doubts that
everything will work.  I also explained about the kernel 2.4 ACPI
issues and that FC2 had kernel version 2.6.* and that may solve those
issues.

Still, I am going to give Windows one last chance. We will purchase a
commercial anti-virus today and see if it fixes the virus/trojan
problems.

This could be the worst decision you have ever made. I would hold my ground and say something like this: "Honey, either you get Linux or you get out." T'is that simple.

neil

We purchased a new computer just before Xmas and I was told that I had to stick with Linux as Windows would not be allowed in our house. I was looking at a Mac due to Multimedia support.

FC all the way. :)

I have put Linux on Mac's too. :-)